Your username may already exist
If you ever posted anything to any of the business forums, your username exists. Check if it is listed at memberlist.php and write support@cgaa.info to get its temporary password. Please change your password and update your email address and other profile information.

Group Conscience First Meeting Agenda Ideas

Forum for moderating the WhatsApp group and posting etiquette
Josh

Post by Josh »

Hi all!

I have put together a few topics for agenda items below. I was hoping to hear what others might want to discuss and form an agenda of topics that would be important to discuss. Here are the ones I have so far:

1. What do we all think about the group? Is it a continuous meeting or a meeting "after party" gathering? Understanding why we are all there and how formal/informal we all perceive the group will probably play a big role in the rest of our decisions.
2. What should we have for etiquette guidelines?
3. What should we have for WhatsApp group description?
4. When do we kick someone out? When is enough, enough? When to give warnings?

Lets add more topics and decide upon our first agenda!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Josh

Post by Josh »

While I have worked towards organizing this meeting, and I would love to chair it, I wont assume that everyone would want that.

Perhaps the first thing we should do in the meeting is all vote on who will chair the meeting before we get into any topics.

MikeNAustin

Post by MikeNAustin »

Thanks, Josh!

I think a good starting to point to deciding what functions are best for the WhatsApp group might be to describe the roles it is currently playing, judgment free. After doing so, then we can assess their respective value in light of CGAA's stated purpose and the limits/constraints of the tool itself.

Here are some of the functions of the WhatsApp group I have observed so far, in no particular order, and hopefully judgment-free!

1) Phone call facilitation:. a place to ask for daily help, or help "in the moment," frequently by asking for someone to talk to. (And a place to reply to those requests).

2) A place to share successes and challenges, and to ask for (and typically receive) general advice/perspective from the group as a whole.

3) A forum for offering third party reflections on recovery and healing to one another.

4) A forum for offering first person reflections on recovery to one another.

5) A forum for offering thoughtful responses to #2, #3 and #4 above.

6) A place to share new and healthy expressions of our creative energies (such as pottery, photography, etc.).

Those are the things that stand out to me so far. Would love to hear others' perspective.

Great idea to have a group conscience for this. Thanks for taking the initiative to make it happen, Josh.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MikeNAustin

Post by MikeNAustin »

A specific issue to discuss:  the boundaries for any use of third party materials (e.g. recovery reflections, articles of interest, podcasts, etc.).

Boundaries might include something like a white list. Or might include specific ways to share potentially triggery content.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Okay here is the agenda I have put together. My apologies for posting it late.

1. Review forum post #3, discuss if list incomplete.
2. Decide whether whatsapp is a continuous meeting or a gathering of folks before/after a meeting.
3. Discuss etiquette suggestions for the group, keeping in mind self regulation has not really been an issue.
4. Suggestions for group description contents.
5. What actions constitute a need to remove someone from the group?
6. Boundaries for use of third party materials? White/black list? Template for sharing potentially triggery material?
7. Vote on Chair for GC meetings as Josh is just the temporary one until the group decides who will be chair and sub-chair.

Josh

Post by Josh »

MikeNAustin wrote:A specific issue to discuss:  the boundaries for any use of third party materials (e.g. recovery reflections, articles of interest, podcasts, etc.).

Boundaries might include something like a white list. Or might include specific ways to share potentially triggery content.
We have opened a separate discussion for this topic since we were unable to come up with a viable proposal at the last group conscience meeting. If you have any ideas you wish to contribute, we would be glad to have them. =)