Your username may already exist
If you ever posted anything to any of the business forums, your username exists. Check if it is listed at memberlist.php and write support@cgaa.info to get its temporary password. Please change your password and update your email address and other profile information.

Apr 19, 2020 Literature Committee agenda and notes

Collaboration on literature for the fellowship, such as a Basic Text, a book of Daily Reflections, and pamphlets that address special topics
Forum rules
* Respect, kindness, patience and other good virtues encouraged
* Let's place principles before personalities
Post Reply
Scott
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:53 pm

Apr 19, 2020 Literature Committee agenda and notes

Post by Scott »

Agenda:
1: Prayer for serenity
2a: Business forum access.  Does anyone need it?
2b: Volunteer for note taker of topics and decisions?
3a: Basic text workgroup report
3b: Meeting handbook report

4a: Things to do webpage update
4b: Fresh content or blog for website, traffic, SEO http://forum.cgaa.info/topic1970.html

5: Sample meeting formats for Meeting Handbook https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vaj ... 2UdDU/edit
6: Development of our literature process http://forum.cgaa.info/topic2124.html
7: Editor or Editor Team, requirements, selection http://forum.cgaa.info/topic2137.html
8: CGAA Service Handbook http://forum.cgaa.info/topic2048.html
9: Newcomer welcome letter for website
10: Meeting Starter Kit, http://forum.cgaa.info/topic1461.html

Minutes from last meeting at http://forum.cgaa.info/post8588.html
Skald
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:46 pm

Apr 19, 2020 Literature Committee agenda and notes

Post by Skald »

CGAA Literature Meeting 04-19-2020

Members present : Xander, Jeremy, Scott, Major, Steve,

  • To be a voting a member : attend 3 meetings, be off games for at least six months.


Agenda:
1: Prayer for serenity
2a: Business forum access. Does anyone need it?
2b: Volunteer for note taker of topics and decisions?
3a: Basic text workgroup report
3b: Meeting handbook report
4a: Things to do webpageupdate
4b: Fresh content or blog for website, traffic, SEOhttp://forum.cgaa.info/topic1970.html
5: Sample meeting formats for Meeting Handbookhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1vaj ... 2UdDU/edit
6:Development of our literature processhttp://forum.cgaa.info/topic2124.html
7: Editor or Editor Team, requirements, selectionhttp://forum.cgaa.info/topic2137.html

8: CGAA Service Handbookhttp://forum.cgaa.info/topic2048.html
9: Newcomer welcome letter for website.

10: Meeting Starter Kit,http://forum.cgaa.info/topic1461.html


Meeting Discussion

Volunteer for Notetaker : Major

Reports :

    3a) "Computer Gaming Addicts Anonymous"

Basic Text Workgroup. Xander reports : Stories are coming in... More stories needed from experienced members
Work continues.

  • Contributions from Jeff expected...

  • Jeremey, Major volunteer to review and edit the basic text on Google Docs.



3b) Meeting Handbook Report : Handbook expected later this year says Scott !


4a) Webpage : "Things to do other than gaming" GSC to review, expected to post.


4b) Fresh Content for Website / Start Blog :

  • To be updated weekly / bi-weekly or monthly ?

  • Suggestion to start by using material which has already gone through review processes to save time.

  • Suggestion : develop a review process to select material for the website / Blog.

  • ( ? ) When might Blog appear ?

  • ( ? ) Question of updating and maintaining the Blog - requiring a 'Blogmaster' - ( Question was raised at either GSC / Business Meeting. )



5) Sample meeting formats for Meeting Handbook :https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vaj2UdDU/edit

  • The Idea here is to provide or a ready made meeting format for new groups.

  • There are in general, two types of groups. One will need a very simple outline, while larger groups might want more options.

  • To provide for both options, we're seeking to have....



    A) A "Super Simple Format"

B) A More Elaborate Format for larger groups.

>;>;>;Workgroup Scott, Jeremy, Major will begin e-mail exchanges and discussion on this. * Report in May


6) Development of our literature process *
Scott requests all Literature group members read this article, so we better understand our process. **
http://forum.cgaa.info/topic2124.html Shows : Flow chart, concept >; process >; GSC >;



7) Editor or Editor team, requirements, selection

http://forum.cgaa.info/topic2137.html

  • While we are able to use workgroups togenerate material without much difficulty, there is an existing need for editors and editorial teams.



  • The task of Editors; To integrate the writings, check for grammar, fitting writings into a place.


* ( No formal decision made about designating editors, at this meeting. )


8) CGAA Service Handbook : http://forum.cgaa.info/topic2048.html

  • Suggestions : Start with the basic information posted on CGAA Forum.

  • Information may be solicited from former chairs by e-mail, or calls.

  • Major volunteers to work on this.* Make report at May 2020 meeting on progress.



9) Newcomer welcome letter for website.

  • Why was this wanted ? To address issues of inclusivity, and to avoid alienating new members immediately - regarding the CGAA view of higher power.

  • We hope to retain members who have various views and feel the need to explain that the CGAA view of higher power is all inclusive and allows for members to define it for themselves, whether it be a Principle, Religious Concept, the Fellowship, the Traditions, the Tao, or something else.



  • A) Welcome to Folks New to Recovery Fellowships.



  • B) Welcome to Folks who're Familiar with Recovery Fellowships.




  • Scott requests second review...of this write up since there have been revisionsDiscussion next month !



Meeting Time Ends
Items Not Addressed Today :

10) Meeting Starter Kit... :
Address at the next meeting : May 2020.


* Statement from Notetaker : I endeavored to capture the discussion and decisions as best I could. Serving as Notetaker has become more difficult now that I can only participate in CGAA meetings through Mumble on my I-phone. My connection cuts out irregularly and this is very frustrating.
Last edited by Skald on Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply