Your username may already exist
If you ever posted anything to any of the business forums, your username exists. Check if it is listed at memberlist.php and write support@cgaa.info to get its temporary password. Please change your password and update your email address and other profile information.

making Lit Com forum visible to all

Collaboration on literature for the fellowship, such as a Basic Text, a book of Daily Reflections, and pamphlets that address special topics
Forum rules
* Respect, kindness, patience and other good virtues encouraged
* Let's place principles before personalities
Scott

making Lit Com forum visible to all

Post by Scott »

For next month, Literature Committee will decide whether to make this forum visible to all registered members. The reason that business forums are not visible to newcomers at first is that we wanted to make them visible when a member makes the choice to participate in business matters. The primary purpose of this forum is staying off games and recovering from addiction with the help of other members. We wanted to let people choose when they're ready for business issues and we didn't want brand-new newcomers exposed to any potentially heated business topic exchanges.

Ideally, the forum would have a profile setting for "Business forum access" that each member can enable or disable whenever they want. Unfortunately that option doesn't exist, so I've been enabling access whenever anyone shows up to a business meeting or says they want access.

Personally, I think the group decision on business forum access was the right way to go back when the forum was much busier with newcomers. Back then, the pros outweighed the cons. Now that the forum sees very little use for recovery issues and is mostly used for business matters, literature submissions, and notifications about meetings, the cons outweigh the pros. I think it may be time to treat the forum as a tool for logistical issues and make business forums visible to all registered users.