Your username may already exist
If you ever posted anything to any of the business forums, your username exists. Check if it is listed at memberlist.php and write support@cgaa.info to get its temporary password. Please change your password and update your email address and other profile information.

New name for the fellowship?

Original Online Meeting Group business agendas, notes, topics, and discussions
Forum rules
* All who attend OOMG meetings on Zoom or Mumble are welcome to participate and vote in OOMG business.
* The business of the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA is discussed. At our monthly business meeting, we make decisions by group conscience, guided by higher power. Everyone has a vote on group matters.
* Back and forth discussion of different perspectives is appropriate. We strive to be respectful of all.
* Anonymity reminds us to place principles before personalities.
LND_5678

Post by LND_5678 »

Is the name "Computer Gaming Addicts Anonymous" changing? Or was it OOMG name which might change?

When/where will this be discussed? I'd like to hear what others have to say, and might have something to contribute myself.

thanks,
Linda
ADH

Post by ADH »

I think some fellows have feelings about the name of CGAA being wrong and needs to be VGAA. I'm personally opposed to this (VGA = Video Graphics Array), as this is too similar to a name of technology used in gaming.

Also, the CGAA name is established already. Also, consoles, phones, hand-helds, etc. All are computers. Just my two cents; I won't be voting on this in the OOMG business meeting, as I'm also a member of another group, and as a matter of fact a group representative of that group.
MorganF

Post by MorganF »

Hey Linda,

Been trying to talk to folks after meetings about this. There are quite a number of reasons for making the change; but we are still not near making any kind of final decision, yet. I got sick this past week and had to stop doing this announcement; but will be resuming the rounds again this coming week.

M