Your username may already exist
If you ever posted anything to any of the business forums, your username exists. Check if it is listed at memberlist.php and write support@cgaa.info to get its temporary password. Please change your password and update your email address and other profile information.

two new agenda items

Original Online Meeting Group business agendas, notes, topics, and discussions
Forum rules
* All who attend OOMG meetings on Zoom or Mumble are welcome to participate and vote in OOMG business.
* The business of the Original Online Meeting Group of CGAA is discussed. At our monthly business meeting, we make decisions by group conscience, guided by higher power. Everyone has a vote on group matters.
* Back and forth discussion of different perspectives is appropriate. We strive to be respectful of all.
* Anonymity reminds us to place principles before personalities.
Scott

two new agenda items

Post by Scott »

1. Let's discuss a CGAA Anniversary celebration for next month. Ian and I (Scott) have a proposal for it.

2. Should we change the backup location for our meetings? Currently the note to meeting leaders says:

BACKUP LOCATION: If mumble is down, use FreeConferenceCall.com http://forum.cgaa.info/topic2129.html

Should we change it to our Zoom room?
LND_5678

two new agenda items

Post by LND_5678 »

Hi Scott,
I believe that last night's 10PM meeting was held in the Zoom meeting room because there was a problem with Mumble. Zoom seems to me to be a bit more complicated than Mumble (my take on it, anyway). Since I've already learned a tiny bit about leading a Zoom meeting, it's more comfortable for me personally than the Conference Call option.

I don't know if people who wish to avoid computers would be able to phone into the Zoom meetings. If that is possible, and the fellowship decides to use Zoom as the backup rather than FreeConferenceCall, then the instructions for the backup location would need to be changed, and I vote that the instructions also include how to get into Zoom from a phone, without a computer, and information regarding the international phone number(s) to get into a backup Zoom meeting. I'm not sure how people would get the link to the back up Zoom meeting. Last night when there was a Mumble problem, I saw someone posted the invitation link in WhatsApp.

thanks
Linda