Your username may already exist
If you ever posted anything to any of the business forums, your username exists. Check if it is listed at memberlist.php and write support@cgaa.info to get its temporary password. Please change your password and update your email address and other profile information.

Suggestion for a topic at EGGA business meeting august 7 2021

European Group of Gaming Addicts (EGGA) business agendas, notes, topics, and discussions
Nabil

Suggestion for a topic at EGGA business meeting august 7 2021

Post by Nabil »

Hello!

I would like to suggest a topic to be brought up at the next EGGA business meeting in august. It is regarding to one of the ending messages at each meeting saying "... anyone available to be a temporary sponsor?"

I'm relatively new to the fellowship (5-6 weeks), and for the longest time I thought temporary meant only for a few sittings/talks and then the sponsor would change. I brought up the question at a meeting today and a fellow explained that it's worded like that to make it clear that you can change sponsors and that it is not a temporary thing. Maybe I'm alone in interpreting as really a temporary sponsor but I was very confused and reluctant to reach out to those who volunteered since, in my mind, I wanted a "permanent" sponsor and didn't want to switch (if everything was working ok).

My suggestion is to talk about the wording of this specific part of the ending text and to see if it can be made clearer, in one way or another.

Thank you
Nabil
Scott

Re: Suggestion for a topic at EGGA business meeting august 7 2021

Post by Scott »

Thanks Nabil. Sounds like a good topic. I don't know why it was worded that way. I think it should either say "anyone available to be a sponsor?" or "anyone available to talk about sponsorship?"
ADH

Re: Suggestion for a topic at EGGA business meeting august 7 2021

Post by ADH »

I'm of the simplest sollution: "Is anyone available to sponsor?"